Monday, May 11, 2020

Motherhood

When I was a foster parent about 7 years ago (where has the time gone??) in Houston, I started this blog and wrote often about my experiences and memories with the beautiful children I was blessed to care for. I wanted to remember every little thing about them!

Fast forward to 2019 when I became a mother myself. My son Arthur was born and life changed forever. Becoming a mama has been the best, hardest, most sanctifying, life-altering event of my life. Each day, my son teaches me and guides me and molds me into a new person. A better person, a more tired person (!), a more patient person, a more loving person.

My son is my world. Raising him alongside my beloved husband has been the greatest adventure of our lives.

So, in an effort to remember every little thing about the best little guy in the universe, here are some things I never want to forget about my 10-month-old ray of sunshine:

  • He's always happy, always smiling. He loves everyone without hesitation and is excited every morning for a new day to play and learn and walk and crawl and take on the world.
  • He loves his mama and daddy and grandma and grandpas and aunt and uncle and cousin. He loves us all with everything he has.
  • He has SO much energy. It's endless and full of life.
  • He loves to explore and try to stand up on every piece of furniture he can find. He's bumped his head more often than I should admit (sorry buddy!).
  • He LOVES to talk. He babbles on and on all day. It's the sweetest sound I've ever heard!
  • The sound of his laughter and his wide toothy grin is the best medicine.
  • He sleeps soundly through the night (woohoo!).
  • He makes the funniest noises when he's tired. He fights sleep until he can't fight it anymore.
  • He says "mama" and "dada" and "baba" and "tata" (not sure what that one means).
  • He's not the biggest eater. I have to remind him to eat! But once I get him to eat, he's not too picky. Loves any kind of fruit and chicken and CHEESE and waffles and hot dogs. Still learning how to feed himself.
  • He loves water and drinking from cups (he tries!).
  • He loves his dogs, Olive and Crosley. He wants to play with them so bad, but they always run away. :-P
  • He loves the "kiss monster" (aka daddy). He fights back with the "drool monster".
  • He loves crawling up the stairs.
  • He loves bath time and taking showers with daddy.
  • He is the biggest joy. I love dancing with him. I love singing with him.
  • He always pulls my hair (ouch!).
  • He makes his mama and dada so very proud.

You're going to do big, big things Arthur. I feel so lucky and blessed to be your mom.

"Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from Him." - Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment